Every year I write out a list of 100 things to do.
It isn't a major bucket list or set of goals - just a list of simple and fun things that to help celebrate the year and life. It keeps you focused on the little things that matter and reminds you that the more you celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
I don't always get to tick off everything. It isn't supposed to make you feel bad if you don't do it all. It is to help you remember that taking a moment to enjoy your life is what it is all about.
Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you buy (at no extra cost to yourself) I get a (very) small percentage of the sale. If you would prefer not to support this site in that way, just navigate to the product site yourself.
Here are 100 ideas to get you started!
1. Choose a word for the year
Having a word or a theme really helps you to keep focused on what you want from the year. What will your year be in 2020? Adventurous? Or Peaceful?
2. Keep a Gratitude Journal
Gratitude is a wonderful way to celebrate your life - and really helps with anxiety and depression. Listing a few things you are grateful for need only take a few minutes a day. Need an easy gratitude to get you started? You can find one here.
3. Start a scrapbook
Set up a scrapbook for the coming year. Collect everything that is important to you during the year (postcards, tickets, articles, photos) and make a 2020 keepsake.
4. Blow Bubbles
5. Make and fly kites
6. Sail a toy boat
7. Do some star gazing
8. Build a snowman
9. Dance in the rain
10. Go on a cycle ride with your bestest friends
11. Make a giving plate
I love this idea of gifting a plate of food to someone - and then the recipient can use the plate to do the same. Find out how to make a giving plate here.
12. Throw a chocolate fondue party
13. Have a picnic and look at the clouds
14. Have a pajama day
15. Go to an art gallery
16. Do a jigsaw puzzle
17. Go to an open air concert
18. Watch a firework display
19. Grow a flower (or some herbs)
20. Go out for a fancy tea!
21. Climb a tree
22. Re-read your favorite ever book (or watch your favorite ever movie)
23. Carve a pumpkin
24. Bake chocolate chip cookies (or a cake in a mug!)
25. Paint a canvas
26. Play a card game for jelly beans
27. Send a postcard
28. Do a random act of kindness
29. Have chocolate for breakfast
30. Have supper around an open fire (complete with marshmallows and sparklers!)
31. Go on a boat or train ride
32. Have breakfast somewhere unusual
33. Look for four leafed clovers.
34. Organize your greetings cards in advance
35. Go the the park and feed the ducks.
36. Write a poem or a haiku
37. Take a panoramic photograph of your street
38. Create your own birthday ritual
39. Go the the beach and paddle in the sea
40. Eat ice cream
41. Get a letterboard and add your favorite quotes
42. Hula hoop!
43. Go camping (or glamping!)
44. Take a trip to a candy store
45. Go sledding
46. Volunteer for the day
47. Send an unexpected gift in the mail to someone
48. Win a prize
49. Call someone just to compliment them
50. Have Mimosas for breakfast
51. Spend the day in bed
52. Read a ghost story by flashlight
53. Look through old photo albums and frame your favorite memories
54. Make a vision board
55. Learn something new
56. Build a den
57. Have a snail race
58. Paint your toenails
59. Try a new recipe
60. Keep a Journal
61. Self publish a book
62. Dance the night away
63. Do a push up
64. Buy the biggest bunch of flowers you can afford
65. Organize your digital photos
66. Write yourself a mantra
67. Say 'no' to something you don't want to do
68. Buy a lotto ticket
69. Send yourself a Valentine's day card
70. Wear only one color (pink!) for a whole day
71. Do a 30 day challenge
72. Buy something you love from a local small business
73. Take a vacation
74. Teach someone something you are good at
75. Declutter a closet
76. Accept a compliment
77. Wear an ankle bracelet
78. Get a money frog and put it in your feng shui money area
79. Find a rainbow
80. Go barefoot
81. Start a blog
82. Make snow candy
83. Take a full day away from all devices
84. Keep a bottle of champagne in the fridge - and celebrate often
85. Hold a snake (or a tarantula!)
86. Learn a magic trick
87. Make a Bento Box lunch
88. Go to a new class
90. Learn to do a hard yoga pose
91. Go the the Zoo
92. Make a house of cards
93. Go geocaching
94. Try Shiva Nata
95. Have a cherry-pip spitting competition
96. Hatch a caterpillar
97. Go skinny dipping
98. Memorize a poem
99. Read a comic book
100. Plan an adventure for next year
I am looking forward to having fun with these 100 things to do in 2020! What will be on your list? I wish you joy, happiness and much celebration throughout the year - and I know you will love having a list of 100 things to do this year to keep you on track.
Want more ways to celebrate? Subscribe to my newsletter for regular celebration ideas throughout the year.
Like this? I would love it if you would share!